Saturday, May 24, 2008

kovai sarala interview

kovai sarala interview

Kovai Sarala, though a name that repleats with Tamil tinge, has become a household name in Andhra Pradesh thanks to her premier artistic talents as an empirical figure in the annals of comedy -- that too at a time when male comedians are ruling the roost. She deserves true appreciation for her unreserved love for Telugu films. In her own entertaining Telugu, the Tamil artiste had done more than fifty movies, besides more than 400 in Tamil and Malayalam screens. An interview with her:

FC: You did several movies in Telugu? Which film satisfied you much?
A: All the films give me satisfaction. But "Kshemanga Velli Labanga Randi" gives me special satisfaction. At present I am busy with ten films in Telugu.

FC: How do you feel when surrounded by the audience?
A: A Good question. Unlike other glamour heroines, I don't get any vulgar jokes from the audience. They treat me as their own family member. This makes me very happy.

FC: How come you made into the films?
A: I am indebted to my guru Sri Bhagyaraj garu. Bhagyaraj and me are neighbours in Coimbatore. One day he happened to visit my house when my father was ill. That time I was a student. Knowing that I was interested in films, he gave me the first chance in Mundanni Mudicchi, his popular movie.

FC: What's your definition of comedy?
A: I continued my own language speaking Telugu with Tamil accent. Now, people liked it and accepted it. That also makes me a distinct character on the screen.

FC: Did you encounter any problems relating to the language?
A: Though I can't speak Telugu well, I continued my own language speaking Telugu with Tamil accent. Now, people liked it and accepted it. That also makes me a distinct character on the screen.

FC: When are you going to marry?
A: (Laughs). I have not thought of it so far. No time to think over it. May be I will think of when I cross 60 years.

FC: You have acted in several films with Brahmanandam as wife? How do you feel about it?
A: Yes. He is like my big brother. I respect him a lot. Whenever I face difficulty on the sets, he educates me quickly.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger